Friday, April 6, 2018

W&W April Rerun - The Big, The Bold and Baby


 
Hi Folks! Each month at Winnie & Walter we feature a previously released set and host a challenge (either with that set, or something that inspires you from the featured projects). This month we're featuring The Big, the Bold and Baby with about a million little words you can put together for your baby cards. For this card, I put together a phrase "your precious bundle of joy" to stamp in between the inked stripes. The stripes were created by sponging ink through the Scenery: Classic Diagonal Creative Screening. I overlapped the two stripes to create a third color, which was nice since I only had to ink it twice.


I'm always impressed with how well all the Winnie & Walter sets go together. This card doesn't have a lot on it, but has two different stamp sets, three different cutaway sets, and one stencil. The heart with that cute dotted edge is from True Dotty Heart Cutaway. On top of the heart is one of my favorite images ever, from one of my favorite stamp sets Welcome to the Family with Evelin T Designs. The "hello" is from the Big, the Bold and Happy Cutaways, and "baby" is from the Big, the Bold and Baby. I played around with the embellishments after creating the background panel and ended up with a couple different versions of this card, because I really didn't want to cover up much of the background. This version with the watercolored bear and bunny pair is my favorite.
Here's another version of the card, with a silver elephant and monkey on the heart. I went with this version when I couldn't get the above watercolored bear and bunny to look right. At the last minute I figured out that card was missing a larger sentiment which helped pull everything together.
 Winnie & Walter, LLC
Be sure to check out the Winnie & Walter blog for details on how to participate in the monthly rerun challenge, and win a $25 gift card. Also, don't forget that The Big, the Bold and Baby is currently on sale all month!

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly 

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable Kelly, what sweet little animals! Your background is delightful too, I like the colors!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly