Friday, July 1, 2016

When I'm Compelled to Use a MISTI


  
Hi Folks! Today's card is a great illustration of when I use a MISTI (most incredible stamping tool invented). Although it usually takes me hours to make a card (including all the time thinking about what to do), I'm generally a pretty lazy crafter. If there is a short cut to do something I will take it. So often the thought of bending down to get my MISTI, making room on my table for it to open all the way, positioning the card/stamp, etc. prevents me from using it. But there are a few times, like with this card, where I will happily invest those extra few minutes to avoid certain disaster.

Can you tell what prompted me to use a MISTI for this card?

Masking!!



It annoys me to no end that despite how hard I press down on a stamp, if I'm masking a large area there will be sections near the mask where the ink does not transfer. The area below the "h" is a great example here. So much white space remaining. 

Before owning a MISTI I would have either tried again, or tried to fake it by filling in the area with a very fine-tipped black pen. That usually results in lines that just look "off" and also takes quite awhile.


With the MISTI, I can stamp the sentiment as many times as I like to better fill in that area. You can also see that the sentiment is much darker and crisper now. So worth the extra few minutes!
  

Here's a closer view. You can see I slightly overlapped the flower masking just in case there were any areas where the sentiment didn't stamp (old habit!)

What situations do you pull out your MISTI for?
 
  
This card is over at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog today if you'd like additional information. Feel free to use my code "KELLY2016" which will save you 15% off any purchases at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

4 comments:

  1. I love the cascading flowers below the sentiment, Kelly. I use my Misti most for large sentiments like you did or layered flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card...so beautiful and I love how you made it too. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I use the MISTI a lot for lining up sentiments, along with the transparent grid paper. I can get even placement and stamp again if I need too. Since I often times stamp the sentiment last, this prevents me from starting all over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy dod I LIKE this!! Might have to lift this idea Kelly, it's a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly