Saturday, January 23, 2016

Three Cards, Same Group of Supplies

  
Hi Folks! I've been getting into a habit of making multiple cards while I have a particular group of stamps, dies and inks out. After thinking about this, I've figured there are two reasons I do this:

1) I love to be efficient with things and use my time wisely. I'm always conscious of time passing and each day I want to be sure that I've accomplished something. I'm happier if it's more than one something!

2) I'm often left with the feeling that the card I'm making could be better. That's when I grab another card base and try again with a slightly different idea. Using mostly the same products helps me figure out if the next card is an improvement or not. Ironically, I'm often drawn to my first attempt. That's frustrating!


This card was the first attempt on a scrap piece of paper to see what stamping through a stencil would look like. The paper was too narrow so I added the navy blue patterned paper on the bottom to fill the space (also worked to ground the design),


This was the last card I made, combining the overall placement from the card at the top of this post, with the idea of stamping through the stencil from my initial attempt. I do like the addition of a secondary sentiment on this card. Were it not so late, I probably would have gone for a fourth card, but I decided this would be good enough and called it a day.


  
These cards are over at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog today.

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

2 comments:

  1. It's always fun to learn about someone else's creative process, Kelly ... your heart cards evolved beautifully! What a clever idea to stamp through a stencil ... great way to stretch those stashes! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, Kelly, and I need to follow your lead and make more that one card at a time. The stamping through a stencil is such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly