Monday, April 16, 2012

Child of God



Lots of religious milestones for us this year. My older son is making his First Communion, and I have finally been initiated into our faith this Easter.

While my oldest son had the day off school on Good Friday, we took advantage and took off for Oak Park, IL (lots of incredible Frank Lloyd Wright architecture there!) At the end of our day hanging around the city we passed a church with a sign outside inviting people to come in and visit their Stations of the Cross. This was perfectly interactive for the kids ... you could touch the Crucifixion nails, the Crown of Thorns, and taste the salty tears (lettuce dipped in salt water). At the end you light a candle and place it at the foot of the cross. While kneeling, my youngest son spontaneously clasped his hands together in front of his face. It was a beautiful moment. He wanted to pray. So happy to have captured that, and love how the candlelight highlights his cheeks and still chubby hands. Even more special to me is knowing that we're finally on track with giving our kids a religious foundation.I'll always treasure this photo as a symbol of our milestones this year.

God Bless!


 Linking up with:

2 comments:

  1. What a priceless moment Kelly, loved reading your post today. Congratulations to you as well! I love seeing the new candidates every year and then witness them coming into the church at the Easter Vigil Mass...BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful and precious photo Kelly! I remember I WANTED MORE for my kids than I had sought for me. They definitely need God in our world. ;) Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly